Thursday, April 17, 2014

Text Message for Papers, APEE 2015 (Cancun)

Well ahead of next year's call for papers, I'd like to put a flea in my readers' ears. Specifically, if you're interested in joining me on a panel discussing euvoluntary exchange, please e-mail me at spivonomist@gmail.com.

I plan to do a piece on euvoluntary exchange and the regulatory principle known as the "precautionary principle", a theme I've chased here on the blog from time to time.

Any subtheme would be most welcome though. What I'd look for in the solid core of EE are themes of the conflict between commonplace moral intuition and economic consequences. Price gouging, sweatshops, sex trafficking, prohibition, and wage restrictions are all good topics. I'd even love to see someone write about how EE might be a wedge to introduce an aretaic turn to economics. But do not be afraid to push the envelope. If you're a regular reader, you'll know that I don't confine myself to one particular type of exchange, so neither should you.

Remember, people: EE is a PPE topic: philosophy, politics, and economics. Not just economics. Think interdisciplinary. Think broadly.

And next year's conference is in Cancun. You can hang out with me (or not, at your discretion) on a sunny Mexican beach. Think about it.

1 comment:

Do you have suggestions on where we could find more examples of this phenomenon?