Monday, February 3, 2014

My Beautiful Confluence

If you'd have told me 20 years back that I'd not only be able to quickly and easily curate my own periodical (I didn't know the word "blog" in 1994), I'd have laughed offhandedly and gone back to doing my routine critical checkoff.

On off on on, Gus. On. Off. On. On.

Things are different now. Things exceed the dreams of Harun al-Rashid on his throne of gold. Not only do I curate, but I contribute. And I'm actual real-deal pals with some truly incredible people whose overflowing wisdom and sincerity I can only hope to emulate.

But even with that, there are still little effervescent moments of synchronicity that hint at a glorious unseen order to my little corner of the universe. Moments like this:

TGP and Fishy FiSH on the increasing euvoluntarity of domestic arrangements.

And

Adam The OG on the natural limits of a virtuous life.

Twin points, gorgeously complementary, when considered from an EE perspective lend credence to a Hayekian aversion of mine: ill-fitted dominion from afar over issues personal in scope. It baffles me to no end that anyone who doesn't know me personally could possibly hold a strong opinion one way or the other about the nature or condition of my family. The idea that a distant scold would pretend to such knowledge puzzles me greatly. And I'm grateful to have good friends who are far more adept than I at illustrating the deep flaws in such reasoning.

This post is for you, guys. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have suggestions on where we could find more examples of this phenomenon?